Monday, March 29, 2010
just want to drink? ok.. drink.. Kalil Gibran..
1) A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?
2) And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair
3) But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls..
4) Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
5) Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity..
(IN THE DARK - IT IS ALWAYS ME THERE AND NOT U - AS SHADOW IS ALWAYS DARK N U R ALWAYS THE FULL MOON..)
6) I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.
7) If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were..
8) If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
9) If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?
10) Love is trembling happiness..
11) Love possesses not nor will it be possessed, for love is sufficient unto love.
12) Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer's hand.
13) Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary.
14) What difference is there between us, save a restless dream that follows my soul but fears to come near you?
15) Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.